KAP’s COO Sandeep Gupta was interviewed recently by Michael Fiedel, a Managing Director at InsurTech Ohio, on the roles that independent agencies can play in the counsel, modernization and innovation of the business customers they serve.
Highlights from the interview include these insights in response to the value insurance agencies can bring to customers in the years to come:
- Smart agents can provide security and risk mitigation to businesses at every step on their growth journey.
- Local agents can be a bellwethers for clients given the tremendous breadth of different industries the agency serves. Risks often hit different industries at different times and agents can provide that trusted bridge.
- Great agents and agencies are constantly learning and open to change. It is up to the agent to seek out opportunities for education – not only for themselves, but to impart to their clients at the appropriate time.
- Agencies can support client innovation whether it is core (regular business improvements), adjacent (new services) or transformational (new opportunities in response to changing market landscapes). *
- Finally, Gupta exclaimed that next five to 10 years will be seeing a great deal of change for insurance distribution given fundamental, economic and regulatory factors.
For more insights, read the full Q&A Spotlight over at Insurtech Ohio.